Monday, June 11, 2012

is this even real?

i got an email today saying that my program packet was mailed out today. it includes my flight tickets, baggage info, and a go to guide while i'm traveling. it's hard to believe that i'll be living in a completely different country in about two weeks. i can remember when the countdown was 6 months. it's all starting to sink in. today i let my banks know that i will be traveling out of the country so they won't decline my card when i try to use it. i'm pretty sure that i have all the last minute things i needed to buy before i leave. i'm sure i forgot something.. but i'll find that out when i get there. i haven't gotten my suitcase out to pack yet.. i'm planning on starting that next week. i'm sure i'm going to over pack. the rule is: pack everything you think you'll need and then take away HALF of it. HALF?! seems a little much to me.. but i'm going to do my best to weed things out. we'll see how well that goes. i'm starting to get really nervous. i had a dream last night about getting lost trying to get back to my house in spain, and my host family was upset i missed dinner. i truly hope that doesn't happen. i've been reading a lot about host families overseas and am a bit nervous. for some families, housing students is their job.. therefore it has a bit of a business feel. for other families they take the student in and you become a member of the family. i sure hope i get the good family feel. i'm sure that my host family will teach me so much about daily life and living in salamanca. i'm still pretty worried about the food. i'm going to try everything, and hopefully i'll find some stuff that i really like. i'm hoping for the best. i know i' going to have a lot of fun, but i'm really wanting to learn and absorb everything in spain. i don't want to be the touristy american that they are used to seeing.. i want them to know that i'm trying to learn their culture, habits, and country. and i'm hoping i can get it figured out in 4 weeks! for those of you that are interested in reading my updates i believe there is a way where you can subscribe to my blog and you should get an email notification when i post new entries. i'm hoping to post daily while i'm there.. but if that's not possible i'll do the best i can.

No comments:

Post a Comment