Friday, July 27, 2012

mi último día

horseback riding yesterday was absolutely amazing. we went riding for about 2 hours. our guide took us to some really pretty places and going through the river was absolutely gorgeous. my horse was so good for me. it definitely makes me want to go horseback riding when i return to the states.

after horseback riding it stormed. i sat and talked with my host mom for awhile. she is so wonderful. i'm going to miss her a lot. after i got ready to go out i went to a friend's house to hang out before we met up with everyone else. our group found some new places to go and i'm really disappointed that it took us so long to find good bars. we all had a blast.. i didn't get home until after 3.

today was our last day of class. we played games and talked and took pictures. it was a good day. after class i had to run to the supermarket and pick up a few things and i had a funny encounter. there was a spanish nun trying to pick out beer.. which i thought was hilarious.. and then she proceeded to ask me which was the best beer. i didn't have the heart to tell her i didn't drink beer. but i did make sure she got one of the popular ones from spain. i hope it went well for her :)

after i got home from the supermarket my host mom taught me how to make her tortilla. i have the recipe from the restaurant we went to for cooking class, but i really like hers a lot more. i can't believe how easy it is to make. after lunch i packed the rest of my stuff. due to some of the gifts i got that are kind of big i had to buy another suitcase. i really didn't want to but it was much cheaper than paying the fine for going over the weight limit. i also took the best siesta of my life. i slept for about 3 hours.

my host mom's son is here for the weekend. he's so nice. i don't think she's seen him for a few weeks so they were very chatty at dinner. :) it's about time for me to get ready to go out tonight... since tonight is my last night it's going to be the best! our bus leaves salamanca at 5am to go to the airport in madrid. the plan is to stay out until 4 and come home and get my bags. after all, i do have a 9 & 1/2 hour flight back to the states. tomorrow is going to be a very long day. and very sad. i'm truly going to miss this place. i love this city more than any city i've ever been to. it's one of those places that just feels like home. i truly think i could live here forever, it's that wonderful.

my time spent here has been nothing short of amazing. i've accomplished goals, tried so many new things, and am going home with a whole new outlook on life. sometimes you have to get lost in order to find yourself. i wouldn't trade this entire experience for anything in the world. i'm so glad that i have made lifelong friends. i can't find words to express my emotions, but i just keep thinking how blessed i am. life is so good. and i'm so proud of myself for turning my dream into a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment